If you’re like most women, you’re probably looking for ways to slim down and tone up. But if you’re like most women, you might not have the time and money for a gym membership.
The good news is, you don’t need to fit workouts into your busy schedule to get the hourglass figure you deserve. Even if you’re currently training to lose belly fat with an exercise machine, you can get that flattering silhouette with a trusted waist trainer.
What’s a waist trainer?
A waist trainer, also called a waist cincher, is a garment designed to help create the illusion of a slimmer waistline. While there are many different styles of waist trainers available, they all work by compressing the waist and providing support to the lower back. This gives the wearer a more defined figure, and at the same time, helps improve one’s posture and relieve back pain.
How to find the best waist trainer for your needs
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a waist trainer, such as size, material, and style. You can also find designs that fit your specific body type; for instance, you can find waist trainers for long torsos.
With so many options available, it can be helpful to read reviews before making a purchase. By taking the time to find the best waist trainer for your needs, you can enjoy all the benefits that this garment has to offer.
Here are our recommendations for the best waist trainers for women:
- Corset Cincher from Ecowalson – Comes in 12 sizes and three lengths (11.2”, 10.23”, and 9.45”’), this girdle is great for women of every shape and height.
- Waist Trainer from YIANNA – Comes in 10 colors and sizes, this waist trainer is made with a lightweight, stretchy fabric that stays in place even when you’re exercising.
- Workout Body Shaper from LODAY – Available in four colors, this is made with 90% polyester and 10% spandex for a comfortable fit.
- Sweet Sweat Waist Trimmer – Comes in five stylish colors; made with extra thick neoprene for better heat insulation during workouts.
- Ann Chery Women’s Waist Cincher – High-quality latex shapewear that’s great even for strenuous physical activities.
Waist trainers: the pros and cons
Let’s start with the positives:
- It’s a quick, straightforward fix: You can use a waist trainer to help slim down your figure easily.
- Boost your confidence: When you wear your waist trainer while you work out, run errands, or go to the office, you’ll appear slimmer and make your bust size appear bigger.
- Improve your posture: Waist trainers can offer lumbar support whether you’re on your feet or you’re sitting down.
- Reduce the risk of injury: When you’re exercising or engaged in a sport, waist trainers can support your core muscles.
However, when you use waist trainers for a prolonged period of time, you run the risk of getting:
- Skin irritation and bruising
- Indigestion and heartburn
- Difficulty breathing
- Atrophied abdominal muscles
As with anything, always exercise your best judgment when using garments like these. Make sure to wear it correctly, and know when to take it off as recommended by the manufacturer.
(This post contains affiliate links; that is, I may receive a small amount or a token when you make a purchase using any of the links on this page, at no extra cost to you.)